Saturday, May 13, 2017

Saturday: A lot of stuff.

I woke up this morning and decided that I should just get a museum membership, because then if I wake up on a weekend, and don't really have any idea what to do, I could just go to the museum and look at art stuff.  So I did, and then downloaded their app so I could have proof that I was a member, since I'm not totally sure if they have paper cards anymore.

Then I got to the museum, and almost could have skipped that step, because the lady at the counter was like, "you're a museum member, right?" I'm 99% sure I saw her last time I went to the museum.  It's possible I already go to the museum a lot.

The other thing is that when I woke up this morning, I was really craving the mushroom pasta I had at the cafe last time.  Like, "my entire morning was spent dreaming of eating that pasta, and how yummy it was going to be."

Except today's pasta was a pepper, olive, and caper tomato sauce with mahi mahi.
It was ok.  I was so thrown by them not having the pasta I wanted that I forgot to order the focaccia.

So I got a pot-de-creme for dessert to make up for my disappointment.
Fun art pictures that are all slightly out of focus:

First you're like, "oh, cool bunny ears" then you notice the gas mask, and then you read the card, and learn that the bunny ears are also gas masks, that they attempted to make cute and not scary for kids by putting bunny ears on them during World War 2.
Yikes.
Alert: Vishnu kind of a jerk.

I don't think I've ever seen this mirror before.

"Whatcha doing?"
 Way to be creepy, demon guy.

"Peacock crossing!  Beep beep!"

These guys.

These guys, still being awesome.
This next bit happened earlier, but I wanted to put it here to split the museum up better.
The cookie was ok, and the vanilla soda was better than the lavender.

"Book!"
I know this piece has been here forever, but I just noticed this just decided to go all out with the jokes I've partially done here and here.  Also: I seem to almost always get the pasta at the museum, and it's always either what I had today or the delicious mushroom one.  Daily blogging is useful.  Anyway, the joke:

"Wait, where did Jesus get a bird?"

"Grabbed it.  Straight out of the air.  Stupid bird never saw it coming."

"Shouldn't you, like, not grab birds out of the air?"

"Yeah, let the bird go."

"Listen to your mom, Jesus."
"Nope!"
"Christ, what an asshole."


"Grabbing birds over here, too!  Nobody can stop me!"

"Wait, did he say what he was going to do with the birds, or why we needed to catch so many?"  "Nope, just said something about 'maybe Cupids would work too,' so I just backed away slowly."
Apparently the bird represents suffering. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This Olmec head hasn't been displayed in 45 years.  That explains why I haven't seen it before.

Oh no!  Seal!
This is where I realize that using the "copy image full size so I can do mosaics" button to look at that Olmec head overwrote my mosaic of koi, so I guess I'm going to make that mosaic again.

I actually like this one better.  I added another image (so I think the koi on the top left and on the top right are the same), and used hugin to do the rotation instead of fighting gimp.
Then it was time to go to the park.  Which was super busy today, partially because tomorrow is the triathalon.

I wanted a picture, and I guess Slugma is the nest now.  I think that's my headphone cable I'm just now noticing.
I had to battle the gym a bunch.  The first time it kicked me with an error, which sucks, because I had just beaten three of the Pokemon in it, and was about to stomp the remaining four.  But because of the error, I had to wait until my second lap to battle again.
I think it took four battles to clear it out.
 Then I felt like more food.
The eyes are supposed to be over the soup, but Twitter did the "hide the image" thing, and I was hungry so I didn't bother trying to fix it.



No comments:

Post a Comment