Today's plan was to go to the art Museum. Because there are a number of exhibits that close tomorrow, and I wanted to catch them. This is also a giant post, since I took a bunch of photos.
|Including of the new rocks they installed outside.|
|Since, you know, it's super busy all the time, and they're just making sure I'm not crowding out people with reservations. Or alligators.|
|Blah blah mushrooms, blah blah thyme, blah blah a bit of goat cheese.|
Then off to see the art.
|Seeing the Charles Furneaux exhibition was a big part of this trip.|
|It was nice to see this companion piece of Hilo bay.|
|That goes with this piece that's usually on display.|
|The "cool glass" display, in a side hallway. I think a lot of these were in a previous glass exhibition.|
|Why did I not notice that there's a dinosaur in this screen until now?|
|I'm pretty sure there's a dog meme that has this same face, but I couldn't find it.|
|A story about Ganesha.|
|Is also a Pokestop.|
|And one of my favorite pieces in the whole museum.|
|Hey, that's Jizo!|
|But there's also this statue of Jizo in the same room. He's pretty conspicuous.|
|And a box.|
|And regular prints.|
|And some dishes.|
|Netsuke of a Fox Depicted as a Bride.|
|You are a wonderful Tiger.|
|You are TWO wonderful Tigers.|
|Also, the Korea room still has a spider problem.|
|Take a moment to watch the koi.|
|And I saw two geckos.|
|The cookie was good, but the lavender soda wasn't so much.|
|Also what is up with this gym?|
|I did not sit in the "crazy dog bench".|
|They've renovated the Islamic art room. It's much better than it was.|
|I like how a lot of renaissance art has people (like Joachim here) in the "WTF is this shit?" pose.|
|"How bout I do anyway?"|
|These are new.|
|Have I posted this dancer before? I like it.|
|The O'Keeffe paintings.|
|"Death of Truth".|
|Fox shaped sculpture.|
|Also there are chickens outside now? These are new.|
|The waves were much larger than normal. I don't think I've seen them splash up onto the walkway before.|
|I had to train up the gym to open up a space to put somebody in.|
|I'm totally helping with my "less than half the top CP Pokemon".|
|And I've visited a bunch of Pokestops now.|
|But then decided I didn't want a burger at the burger place, so I got the fried chicken.|
|I also discovered that WF has the Maui pineapple wine.|
- A good take I hadn't seen before.
- I do not follow Kingdom Hearts, and that seems like the right choice.
- A smol dragon.
- Sam Brownback blows. a lot.
- Noah Rothman is a fucking idiot, apparently.
- "Who have microphones."
- Oh, yeah. Samurai Jack is back. Samurai Jack is still a a wonder of animation, and having a thirteen year hiatus didn't change a thing.
- Also, this is a wonderful way to see who is a shambling pile of garbage and filth, who probably shouldn't be allowed in public, because just fucking look at this shit.
- I opened this link to watch the video, forgot about it until now, and after watching it, here it is. In the links.
- Watching Samurai Jack means I was too lazy to switch channels with Dragonball Super came on. Dragonball is still a series of "What the absolute fuck is going on you crazy people?" Goku had to transform into a god. He needed five other Saiyans. Vegeta + Trunks + Gohan + Goten is only four. So they used Gohan and Videl's unborn child as the fifth.
|And when you search for "what the fuck is going on" on Giphy, you get this.|