Unfortunately I have to wait until I actually publish to make sure I have the cut points right. In any case, it was nice to see that Republicans have no clue how to govern. That minimizes the damage they can do. I suspect this also means that the ACA is going to be around basically forever now. I also strongly suspect that a lot of states run by Republicans are going to start scrambling for the Medicare expansion. It's fine to rant about how you don't want it when you think there's a chance it'll go away, but now it's just being petty and wanting to hurt their own citizens.
Not that it hasn't always been petty and hurting citizens.
|And how bad do you think it feels to be Paul Ryan, and have Papa Roach make fun of you? And to have them turn out to be surprisingly cool?|
- Julie pointed me at this story too late last night for yesterday's blog post. I can't believe how stupid people are.
- David Frum is the only conservative I follow on Twitter. Things like this are why.
- Yeah, I think blocking her is basically admitting she's right.
- I did not know that this meant bad things for cats.
- Raven and Mimikyu.
- Beauty and the Beast.
- Stop calling it populism.