Sunday, May 14, 2017

Sunday: I didn't know what I wanted to eat today.

So I kind of just started driving.  "Ramen," was my first thought.  Then I drove past the King Street exit, so that went away.  "Burger place at the mall," was next, but I wasn't super into that so I kept driving past that exit.  "Build a pizza place?"  Zipped by.  "I just had the Greek place last week," so that wouldn't work.  "I kind of still want soup.  Outback?"  That was when I decided to turn around and go to La Tour Cafe.

For soup.
It is always super hot, and I always burn my tongue.  I've also come to the conclusion that Coke Freestyle machines make everything taste the same and wrong, which I'm pretty sure is something Julie has said in the past.

I got the burger today.
The burger is pretty good, but they kind of over do it.  Roasted tomatoes add too much moisture, the "creamy dijon" would be better as just regular dijon, and the salsa verde is nearly a chimichurri and kind of overpowers the Havarti.  They do make really good fries.  I think this is the main theme of LTC.  They do sides far better than everyone else, but their mains are overthought and don't work as well.  It was also free macaron day for Mother's Day, so I have a macaron to eat.  The waitress asked which one I wanted when she brought my soup, because she forgot about it when I was ordering.  I asked for strawberry, or "any berry is fine, it doesn't matter," because it really doesn't, so I actually don't know what flavor the one I got is.  Let's go see.

Strawberry.
And yes, I did make a tweet specifically to add stickers to an image.



No comments:

Post a Comment