Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Tuesday: Work from home day.

Because they're refinishing floors at work, and today is the day that my office is completely cut off due to that work.  Which is fine, I can do most things without problem at home.  Doing things that require visualizations is a bit hard, but I can put of most of that until tomorrow.  Today was mostly spent trying to figure out why I filled up a disk yesterday.  The answer?  This code generates a set of files that are only cleaned up if something else succeeds.  Even if that does happen, only 2/3 of the files are cleaned up.  Since the generation and use are decoupled so much, I just added a fixed cleanup phase at the end of the loop.

Then coded a thing, and ran some data organization stuff.  And read some papers, neither of which were sufficiently interesting.  I also spent way longer than expected this evening reading up on R.

I also woke up super early, and so completed reading American Gods at roughly the same time I did the first time, although that time I was approaching that time from the other direction.  My conclusion is that I should read it more often than once every 13+ years.  I'd forgotten a lot of the details, and my sparse plot structure missed out on a lot of points.  I suspect finishing it at 5AM last time complicated that.  I also started reading Anansi Boys, which surprised me by having a photograph and Christmas card from 2005-2006.  I need to stop hiding things in books.

And since it was a work from home day:
It was a drive to get lunch day.
I only ate half the sandwich, and saved the second half for dinner.  With a side of mac&cheese.  Soup+salad+sandwich was more filling than I had planned.

And it's clear no one young and cool goes to Dole Plantation.  Cloyster is still sitting there.


No comments:

Post a Comment