Sunday, May 7, 2017

Sunday: I guess Sunday is a busy day for the park.

I woke up today at 7, followed by an hour of waking up every two minutes because whatever fragment of a dream I was having became too weird to continue.  When I did get up for realsies at 10, I didn't actually get out of bed while I tried to figure out what I wanted for lunch.  I flipped through a number of things on yelp, thought about going to the place that does the gochujang chicken and waffles, but by that point, it would have closed before I would get there.

So maybe a sandwich.

French dip.  I mostly just choose stickers at random now.
I guess it's been nearly three years since I last went to Earl.  They've changed the sandwich some since then.  Havarti is the cheese now, and they've added chimichuri and a garlic mayo.  I think they put too much of both on, but the beef is super delicious, and the onion marmelade is good too.  Unfortunately they were out of chips, which would have broken up the heaviness a bit.
Sweet tea was also the only drink option today, but they do have super cool giant ice cubes.
Then, even though there isn't a good way to get to the park from H-1 westbound, I navigated through downtown to get there.  Unfortunately, it was super full again, which means it's either busier on Sundays, or I just usually get there after a lot of people have already left.  Instead I came home and watched a bad movie with internet commentary.  Totally equally productive.

I also hacked through the backlog of things in my RSS feed, and have made it all the way back to the beginning of the year.  There are now only 630 items in my saved articles list.



Also France did the good thing instead of the bad thing today, and even though the good thing isn't as great as it could be, he's also not a fascist.

No comments:

Post a Comment