Monday, May 29, 2017

Monday: Memorial Day.

Unfortunately I spent a large chunk of the day finishing the talk for tomorrow.  I finished outline stuff last night, but still had to convert that into words, and make sure all the plots fit on the page.  It probably didn't help that I watched the second half of the Hobbit trilogy while doing it.  I kept getting distracted.  Also: that shouldn't have been made into three movies.  Movie three is like a forever of fights, and since it's mostly CGI fake stuff, it's awkward.

I also don't like Bumblebee Christmas-Tree's dragon voice. 🐉

Since I had to finish this talk, I did the responsible thing and drove to Kailua to get chicken for lunch.
Then I went to WF to get a slice of pizza to save for dinner, and what is wrong with people who think they can just start conversations?

Me, in my head, like a polite person: "Why are there like 99 types of tea, but only one lemonade?  Is it so hard to make big bottles of lemonade?  And I bet the reason there are so many teas is that no one actually likes tea, so they try to dress it up with mint, or mango, or some other damn thing."
This guy: "Mumble mumble mumble..."
Me: "What?"
This guy: "Have you had this fig jam before?"
Me: "What?  No?  What?"
This guy: "I've heard it's good.  I'm just going to leave it here." *puts fig jam onto refrigerated shelf of tea/lemonade case.*
Me: "Whatever?"
*Later*
Me, imh, lapp: "Do they not just have a thing of regular cookies?  I want like 'chocolate chip' or 'peanut butter'."
This guy: "Cookies, huh?"
Me, grabbing M&M cookies: *rolls eyes, walks away*

Day...nine?  I didn't catch anything today, but this was easy to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment