Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Wednesday: It's bad when I cull down the tabs that might be links, and still have so so many.

I leaned back today, and re-discovered how much cool stuff I have on my filing cabinet.

  • Today had a lot of continuing comments on that story from yesterday.
    • One about how a large fraction of the people who work on cruises are from the Philippines, and how much they're mistreated.
      • Which also brought up how the Jones Act specifically attempts to prevent that mistreatment, even though it's been hindered due to a shitty court ruling.  This struck me because every Republican ever who has run in Hawaii for an office has put "repeal Jones Act" as one of their main campaign promises.  That makes more sense now.
    • I did not know that the author of yesterday's story had died.
    • There's a whole big thread here, so here's just one very good point.
  • This is good news, as it means sanity won out over blind fear.
  • I've been avoiding linking to this site, since it really should just be standard reading, but today was a particularly interesting day.
  • Huh.  I assume this change is why "In case you missed it" is gone, and now every morning I have to scroll past all the tweets from the previous night.
  • Top parenting tip, although it'd be pretty expensive in practice.
  • This is just onomatopoeia, right?
  • Scary tiger.
  • Illegal dog.
  • Me, scrolling: "Cool, cool.  Interesting.  JESUS FUCK WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO VR BATTLE ZERUEL!?!?!?"
ETA: also I had to reinstall popplio last night because it didn't resume correctly, and I forgot the key phrase for the full disk encryption.  I am hopeful I will remember the new key phrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment