Saturday, December 20, 2014

Saturday: This was the plan all along.

It's just been delayed two weeks while I waited for my phone.  The plan was to get the phone that Saturday, and then go to the art museum on Sunday, and take comparison photos with the new phone camera.  Unfortunately Verizon sucks, and then it took a week to ship it, so it had to be this weekend.  Doubly so since I won't be here next weekend.

I thought I'd posted an image of this painting before, but I can't find it.  Anyway, here's "Cupid-like Angels Being Dicks to Birds."

Parvati's butt and Ganesh.  This is actually kind of funny if you know the story.

The bunny jars.

No tigers today, so this dragon is the Best Museum Animal today.

"Let's Guard!"

"Yes way!"
The original museum plan from two weeks ago had hotpot as the dinner of choice.  I saw this video around then, and it looked really tasty.  I looked online, and there's a place reasonably close that looked pretty good.  That continued to be the plan until I realized when I was nearly there that dinner time on the Saturday before Christmas was probably not the best time to go to Ward Center, as the parking can be tricky there in general.  I then thought about going to the kaiten sushi place at Ala Moana, but that's the same problem, just with the added benefit of not being as good as the one I go to in Kahala.  Luckily, I reached the pancake place, and that solved all the problems.

It turns out that I've been to the pancake place enough times that they recognize me.  I suspect that's because I'm not a Japanese couple on their honeymoon.  I'm not saying that's the only other people at the pancake place, but of today's guests, there was me, one other local guy, four honeymoon couples, one older couple, one three-generation vacation, and a mom-grown-up-daughter pair.

Since they no longer have the delicious calamari, I had to go with my backup meal.

Chicken fried steak, gravy on the side so it doesn't get soggy, potato salad because it's delicious, blueberry pancakes, because you don't go to the pancake place and not get pancakes, even if you're having dinner food.  Plus a big POG.
Idea totally stolen from the happy hour drink stand-up thing: POG mimosa.

Then I stopped at Nijiya next door to buy chocolate and CC Lemon, which I am super happy to have a steady source for.
I also saw these totally not Daniel Tiger cookie/candies, and crap, right under him are the snacks that Yotsuba was just eating in the comic I was reading a week or so ago.  I just now noticed that looking at this image.  Anyway, that's Shimajirou, who became popular on the internet when they found the potty training episode of his cartoon.  It's actually somewhat difficult to find a version that isn't "a parody," which in this case largely means, "pretty racist and also surprisingly sexist for no reason."
I also bought a "cute animal":
See?
 Let's open it up:
Oh!  A happy little bear!
 Unfortunately, Happy Bear is also a doughnut.
OH NO!  WHO DID THIS TO YOU, HAPPY BEAR!?

OH GOD!  NO!  BEAR!
 It turns out the villain was me the whole time.  And the ears are almonds.
Also I got a white kitty version for tomorrow.
In looking up the hotpot place above, I found this place as well, which has higher ratings.  Unfortunately they're not open for lunch tomorrow, so I guess that plan I just came up with isn't going to happen.


  • Pokemon Cafe.
  • Princientist.
  • First, Batman:TAS has the best art.  Second, where do you think Selina goes to buy sheets for her circle bed?
  • That's brilliant.
  • Ok, let's break this one down a bit.
    • Why would you go to a pig for your dental work?
    • Don't you eat other stuff than meat that you might need teeth for?
    • Is is smart to taunt your pig-dentist with the fact that you enjoy eating his relatives?
    • I can't think of any meat that is sufficiently tender that you wouldn't need teeth to eat.  I mean, that's kind of why we have teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment