Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wednesday: Skipping a day means catching up with piles of tabs

Yikes.  First, let's take a look at the katsudon I had for lunch, because lunch posts are best posts.
You may notice a few things about this one: a) no egg; b) no broth; c) random furikake.  I'm not saying it was bad, because it was super tasty.  It just wasn't what I was expecting from katsudon.  I also saw this sign at the lunch sushi place:
which ruined my plan to get unagidon instead.  I'd heard something about this on NPR yesterday, with a statement to the effect that unagi has spiked like 200% recently, due to problems with the baby harvest (they catch wild baby eel, and then raise them on farms until lunchtime maturity).  I hope this isn't a permanent thing, as unagi is one of my favorite things.

Ok, let's catch up on piles of links!


2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Interesting how some of those ingredients are in english and some of those are in japanese. Particularly that they have izumidai, a fish that is often sold in other sushi restaurants as "red snapper" but is really just talapia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Hawaii. It's not that uncommon for things to be in English and something else, so this mixed case isn't that odd.

    ReplyDelete