Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tuesday: Mahi-mahi


I tried to jazz up today's salad with some extra veggie ingredients.  After realizing that shredding carrots was useless, I just left it as a big chunk.  I also have avocado chunks and green onion slices in there too.  I tried to coat the mahi mahi in macadamia nuts, but since I store the nuts in the freezer, they grabbed a bunch of condensation from the air after being crushed, and became more of a paste than crumbs.  Still tasted pretty good though, so that's the important thing.  The dressing for this was a pineapple vinaigrette: chunks of pineapple, some rice wine vinegar, some olive oil, a bit of lilikoi pepper jelly, all blitzed up with the stick blender.  Very tasty.  This held together better than I really would have expected beforehand.  I salted and peppered the fish before cooking it, so it had a salty/savory flavor, which contrasted with the spicy/sweet salad dressing.

Boomerang squirrel.
We all know about the Great Sparrow Campaign, right?

  • I've been wondering this for awhile.  It would make things much simpler, and would be more efficient than paying accountants to do it instead.  Disintermediation!
  • Why do people keep listening to Ted Nugent?  Couldn't we all just ignore him and say things like, "Do you hear something?  I thought I heard something," every time he talked.  I'm sure that'd piss him off if we all pretended he wasn't there.  Man, why don't I own a news station?  I'd hire the best assholes in existence to do things like that.
  • Of course, if something doesn't work the way you promoted it, you can just make up other reasons why it isn't a waste of time and money.  Good job, Florida.
  • This was an interesting story about Kaena point.  I didn't know about this fence, and kind of want to go visit it.
  • Shame they don't include Hawaii on this chart.  Using this number for the average 2-bedroom apartment rent in Honolulu of $1631 and the minimum wage of $7.25, this works out to nearly 225 hours of work required to afford rent here.  Since most months have about four weeks, this is a 56 hour work week.  Just to afford rent.

No comments:

Post a Comment