Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wednesday: Dear function,

It turns out that y = erfcinv(1/x) drops painfully slowly.  So much so that I need x ~ 1e4 to get the value I want.  Crap.


Salmon was the fish du jour, so when I got home, I threw it in a bag with some grated ginger, garlic paste, soy, mirin, rice wine vinegar, ..., and that's it, I think.  I let it marinate for an hour or so, and then put it under the broiler while I made the rest of the salad.  Lettuce, carrots (sliced on the bias into thin disks), green onions (same thing, except these shred more than carrots do), and some avocado.  I made a quick dressing from olive oil, rice wine vinegar, and furikake, which added exactly the kind of salty goodness I was hoping for.  Oh, hot chili oil was also in the marinade.  I knew there was something else.  I toasted some bread under the broiler as well, and put on a bit of butter.  I liked this meal, and since I have the other half of my salmon filet in the fridge extra marinating, that's a good thing.

Of all bugs, I like bees.  They make honey.



2 comments:

  1. Exactly. I've been trying to get people to use it as well, but they're all like, "no way, I like reading things all jumbled up."

    They're not cool enough for it anyway.

    :)

    ReplyDelete