Saturday, April 21, 2012

Saturday: I ran out of internet

That's always a sad thing.  Not much I could do when that happened except watch things on the DVR. Living in the future is always a hard and difficult situation.  I did get to see Magnum PI leave his friend to commit suicide, an episode of Star Trek that made me hate Troi even more, the absolute most depressing episode of Thundercats ever, and I finally caught Legend of Korra.  I never watched the original series, but after seeing this image online:
"Is that a...puppy bear? A polar puppy bear?" Yes. Yes it is.
I figured that it might be worth watching.  It's much better than I expected, with far more humor than I was expecting.  I was expecting a boring fighting show, but that's apparently not what it is.  Glad I recorded it.

I did think up a menu plan, and I think I'm going to make pizza casserole tomorrow, and have that this week.  It's simple, it's enjoyable, and I apparently haven't made it in like seven months.

Random picture time!
I can think of no situation that this image would be appropriate.  Nor can I think of a situation where it isn't hilarious.

That bear was just being friendly. You don't have to be such a jerk, cat.
  • I find it hard to have any sympathy for the fishermen in this article.  WF has made a decision that they think is supported by their customer base.  If they can't supply sufficiently sustainable fish, then they need to change what they're doing.
  • I was surprised when I saw this.  Given how easy it is to ignore the NYTimes paywall, I figured that no one was bothering with it.
  • This post from yesterday left out some important points at the beginning that were bothering me today.  You know that the population change has to be dependent on the current population, and that gives you the first term in the logistic equation.  The second term arises when you note that there's a maximum at which the population is stable.  This gives you the carrying capacity, which has units of population.  Since a population at carrying capacity needs to have no growth, you know you need to have that 1-P/K term.  The other rP element of the second term is required to make the units work.

No comments:

Post a Comment