Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday: Sririmp!

This was the result of day one of seafood/salad week.  The first thing I realized is that I didn't buy anything to put in the salad other than lettuce.  Avocado would probably be good, and I just remembered that I have some sundried tomatoes.  Anyway, pile of lettuce as the base.  I then heated a pan with some bacon grease, and added some green onion and garlic paste.  Once those were fragrant, I added the shrimp, and cooked them until finished.  I finished the sauce with a bit of rice wine vinegar and a hefty splash of sriracha, mixing it into something like a sriracha vinaigrette.  Add on some bread quickly toasted up in the oven and some super sharp cheddar (although butter would have worked just as well, I think), and I called it finished.  Not bad, although again, I needed to add a bit more variety to the salad itself.  The other issue I had was that since the sauce and shrimp were right out of the pan, the lettuce wilted a bit.  That makes me think this would probably have been better with spinach instead of romaine.


No comments:

Post a Comment