Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday: Nap attack

Don't mess with Pikachu.
I've been thinking about Easter, and I think I've sorted out part of a menu:
  • Lamb.  My thought this time is to do something like my pulled pork, where I come up with a rub of some sort (garlic/herb/something/maybe ras el hanout?), wrap it up in layers of foil, and then slowly roast it in the oven over night.  The benefit of this is that it would be an easy way to do it.
  • Side 1. I'm thinking a potato tart, or like a scalloped potato thing.  I guess I just want to slice potatoes into thin disks.
  • Side 2. Something with leeks.  I'm thinking a low braise?  One thought is to prep the leeks, cover them, and then sit them in the slack oven with the lamb for the last hour or two.
  • Bread. My sage bread?  This would work well with pulled lamb, I think.
Links!
  • Hat!
  • People are officially stupid. This may only apply to Florida, but I'm not sure.
  • Tony Scalia is either willfully stupid, or maliciously so.  Those are pretty much the only options.
  • I kind of want this cup, even if I don't ever drink rice wine.
  • Bunnies!
  • How exactly is this not "letting the market decide?"  Convenient how when that causes companies selling low budget crap to go out of business, suddenly politicians start complaining. Also, "profits have suffered because of [...] costly customer demands for product testing" makes me want to hit somebody.     With this.
  • I would also argue that a proper patty melt requires both american and swiss cheeses.  But yeah, that picture looks delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment