Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday: Random in seven parts

Part 1

I was watching this week's pokemon yesterday, when they started talking about Gothorita.  This is all I could think of:
Unlike most cartoon to realistic translations, these pikachu are not horrifying and terrible:
 One concern I have about this most recent season of pokemon is that Team Rocket is actually reasonably competent.  I know it gets old for them to always be screwing up and "blasting off again," but that's what made them lovable.  Plus, when real villains showed up, Jessie and James would always be helpful and work to save the day (or at least be comic relief).  I miss that dynamic.
Part 2:
I had a weird dream last night about doughnuts.  I remember that I had to quickly choose some, and ended up with five I think for something like $16.  I did apparently help someone else fill out their loyalty card, so they were going to get free coffee next time they went to the doughnut shop.

Also: the doughnut shop was in the middle of like a maze, or airport, or airport maze.  

Anyway, these have faces:
 And I think I've posted this before, but om nom doughnuts.  Now I really want some, but don't have any to eat.  I was going to get ice cream when I went out today, but totally forgot.  Damn.

Part 3:
Part 4:
I think the menu plan for this week is going to be:
  • Sunday: I picked up not-very-well-made sushi for dinner. It's marginally ok.
  • Monday: Tuna melt.  Turns out I have no clue how this works, so it's like to be a surprise.  If nothing else, I'll just ditch the "melt" strategy and eat the ahi steak I picked up on a salad or on just a regular sandwich.
  • Tuesday: Mahi-mahi tacos.
  • Wenesday: It's a biggish piece of fish.
  • Thursday: Freezer leftovers.  I'm thinking chili, since I just noticed that I have like six bags of it in the freezer.  Each bag is like two meals, so I need to get cracking on it.
  • Friday: More leftovers.
Part 5:
Just in case.
Part 6:
No clue where this is from, but whoa, bear.
Part 7:
  • Wooper looks disappointed.
  • I think we can agree that people are pretty much morons at this point, right?  Maybe it's just cops.  Still, this is an almost inconceivable level of stupidity.
  • This review covers a lot of my concerns about the new season of Young Justice.
  • Oh, hi there, bear!
  • I got this book in the mail yesterday as part of a shipment from amazon (I had reached the free shipping threshold in my cart, so I clicked to buy.  I also apparently shipped it as a gift. To myself.  Oops.).  I don't know of a funnier book that I've ever read.  I'm only a few chapters in, but have already had to stop and put the book down to calm down and stop laughing.
  • On the subject of books, do people still do bookplates now-a-days?  I'd feel bad about sticking them to my books, though.  



No comments:

Post a Comment