Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday: "Good" means sleeping all day

This is too good to save for Sunday.
Of course, the downside of having the day off is that I spend a large chunk of the day thinking about work things.  I think that just means that I take a bit of time tomorrow to make some plots, and call it good.  Also, I need to finish my AAS abstract.  I got the majority of it done yesterday in thirty second intervals, so now I have to edit it to make sure it sounds correct.

I do think I've finalized my Easter menu:

  • Starter: Mushroom soup I froze when I made it.  I think it'll probably only require some quick reheating, and maybe a bit of cream to perk it back up.
  • Main: Pulled lamb in ras al hanout rub.  I'm making my own, so I'll put together a post tomorrow about how I did that (since I'm planning on cooking the lamb all night long).  Side note: cardamom is fucking expensive.
  • Side: Potato tart.  This is likely to end up more like a gratin, but I'm hoping that I can do it in my mini spring form, and have it come out crispy on the bottom and moist in the middle.
  • Side 2: Mezgaldi, based on this recipe.  I've never heard of it or made it before, but I was looking for an onion style dish, and I think this fits the bill pretty well.  I think this will work well with the lamb.
  • Bread: I bought some yeast today, so I'm going to make some sage bread, which I don't think I've posted about before.
  • Dessert: Strawberry pavlova.  Damn. I knew I was forgetting an ingredient. Corn starch.  I can get that tomorrow when I'm out.
Links:
  • Mostly for this DrawSomething squirrel.
  • Although this DrawSomething Pikachu is better.
  • I think this is more interesting than the "then and now" still pictures.
  • I thought about stealing this tradition and making lobster mac and cheese today.  Then I got lazy, and decided against it.  Still looks yummy, though.
  • Clint Eastwood was great when he made that ad for Detroit.  Now I find out he has bunnies, too.
  • I'm beginning to think that gravity may be the pandas natural enemy.  Panda: 1. Gravity: 0.
  • I guess this means that terrible mass market art will have to find someone new. I did like this one, though.
  • I've heard good things about Aiea bowl, but the one time I tried to go there, the entire place was reserved for a private party.  On like some random Saturday or something.  That's one of the reasons I've been going to the alley in Kailua.  I should stop by to try out their restaurant, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment