Sunday, April 29, 2012

Let's make up stories

So here's the original image:
The way everyone is piled up near the registers, the looks on some of the faces, the general scene all make me think that this is clearly a supermarket during the cold war, just after everyone's heard on the radio that bombers were detected on radar over Canada.  Everyone rushes to the store to pick up supplies before the end.  Let's look closer:

First, let's note that tooth picks were so important that they needed to be clearly listed on the store directory.  

"Should I bag the bleach separately, Sir?"
"No, don't bother, we're going to mix it in with the cereal and feed it to the kids.  We figure it's better for them than to wait for the Commies to blast us all."

"No, Ma'am, I'm not one of those 'damned scientists who made those bombs.' I just wear what the boss tells me to."

The decadence of our capitalist plaid elephants is clearly what led to this pre-emptive attack.

asdfadsf
"Look! We stacked some, and then just piled the rest in a big bin.  Sure they're glass, but that's part of the fun."

"I wonder where Mommy went."

"No, see, we should have stocked up yesterday like I said.  Now there are lines and we're going to end up vaporized waiting to check out."
"What the fuck is wrong with Frank?"

"I'll tell you what's wrong, this whole thing is wrong! I told them that we should have bombed them after we got Hitler, but did they listen? No, and now we have these slobs who don't even button their top button or put on a tie to go to the damn store.  This food was brought here for you, the least you can do is show some God damned respect!  No wonder the Soviets are going to kill us, slackers are running this country now!"

"And then I said how nice it might be out where we live.  I've had such trouble getting tanned this summer, so maybe a bit of that radiation isn't so bad!"

"Is she a moron?"

"Wow, I think she's a moron. Doesn't she know we're all going to die?"

"I hope the kids don't start asking where Mommy is again."

Anyway, I thought it was funny, and that's all that counts.


No comments:

Post a Comment