Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wednesday: mercury makes you crazy

As I mentioned yesterday (and numerous times before that), I can really only do leftovers for a couple of days, and then I get sick of them.  So, I decided to make this recipe, and have something new. I went with the regular basil, as that was easier to find. I also got the local cherry tomatoes, which came in four colors. The final change was a substitute of mahi mahi for the swordfish. Apparently swordfish is full of horrible mercury, and since I've been eating more sushi than usual the past few weeks, and that's also full of horrible mercury, I figured it was probably best to get a healthier fish.  Despite some problems with my mixing bowl lid splashing balsamic vinegar all over me, it worked pretty well (regular camera picture because I wasn't going to wait for the phone camera to boot up):


Very tasty, with the sauce soaking into the bread being one of the Best Things Ever.

Oh, also, I don't have a grill, so I did the fish in the cast iron pan, and cooked the bread under the broiler.

My plan for the rest of the week had been to do mini filet burgers, but they didn't have any of the local beef today at WF.  Instead, I think I'll do the pasta/tomato sauce/sausages dish I've been planning on doing for a few weeks now.  I have everything already, plus it'll let me use up my extra basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment