Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday: Pineapple!

WF had Maui pineapples today for like $1 a pound.  Given that Hawaiian pineapples are by far the best pineapples in the world, I had to get one.  $3.50 later, I had this:
Time to dismember! Choppy off the ends:
Skin it:
Extract the fibrous core:
Repeat with the other half:

Super yummy. So sweet that even after eating that bowl of chunks, I only have the slightest hint of acid burns in my mouth.  It also has an almost creamy taste.  Delicious, and it makes me wonder why I don't buy pineapple more often since they're literally grown right over there <---.  


The main plan for dinner tonight was to make tacos, and make a salsa to go with it.  I then got a thing of WF deli sushi for lunch before realizing that it was nearly 3:00.  So, I think tacos will be a tomorrow dinner, and I'll just do some fast nachos for dinner instead.  I'm going to try to get the salsa made tonight (except I don't have any limes. Crap, I forgot that), so I have something to dip nachos in.  Then tacos tomorrow through thursday probably.  Next weekend is apparently Labor Day weekend, so I should make something Labor-y then.  I saw that WF has buffalo hot dogs, so maybe I'll do that.  Buffalo chili dogs would be good, but I'm not sure I want to make hot dog chili.  We'll see.



No comments:

Post a Comment