Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday: busy

I took today off from work. Things accomplished:

  1. Doctor appointment
  2. Lunch at Arby's, along with important shopping (books and basting brush. No more will I need to try to do eggwash with my fingers. I'm using tools now!)
  3. Slurpee. I missed out on 7-11 day, and my car was super hot from being parked at the mall.
  4. Trip to Punchbowl to go to the observation lookout.
  5. Drove Tantalus/Round Top Drive waiting for the message on my phone that tells me that
  6. My new laptop was delivered to the office (no matter where I deliver things, it's never the right place). Picking this up was next.
  7. Arrive home to discover that the book I ordered on July 20th had finally made it's way from Toledo. Google tells me that I could have flown there, picked up the book, and then used a combination of bicycling and kayaking to return home faster than the post office.  
  8. Battled installation issues (out of box Debian doesn't support wpa for wireless connections; stable doesn't support my video card, so the need to immediately upgrade to unstable was stronger than usual; I can never remember how to install "all the fonts," so tomorrow I'll have to install a bunch of packages until I get all the fonts I need).
  9. Copycat dinner from yesterday.
  10. Catching up on the internet that I've missed.
  11. Watched an episode of Star Trek: Enterprise. This show is worse than I was expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment