Saturday, August 13, 2011

Saturday: Planning

I didn't get up in time to go to the farmer's market or make it to WF before the parking lot filled up (it seems if I get there any later than about 11AM, it's full of people), so I pushed off grocery shopping until tomorrow.  That gives me the opportunity to actually plan out a list instead of randomly buying things.

I think the plan for this week (or at least up through wednesday) is to make meat pies.  This is basically to steal the pasty idea, but not have to be bound by any of the complicated rules that seem to govern "official pasty" recipes. I want to make them individual, but I'm not sure if I have the hardware to make that possible.  It seems like if my filling is too liquid (which it probably will be if I go with the onion gravy idea I'm thinking about), then making stand-alone pasty-style pies might be a problem.  This could be solved by using ramekins, but I don't have enough for a full batch.

My other thought is that I want to make these muffins. They don't really match with the meat pie idea, but sound like they'd be delicious for breakfasts this week.  Then again, thinking about it, I can't really come up with anything that matches "meat pie" in my list of sides.  I plan on putting some veggies inside, but a salad probably isn't a bad idea. Maybe some asparagus?

No comments:

Post a Comment