Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tuesday: more tacos

Om nom nom.  I still can't figure out what my salsa is missing that makes it not as good as store salsa.  Had I remembered to look up the recipe, I probably would have made Julie's, since it is jello-winning.  I even looked at the tomatillos when I was buying ingredients.

Here's the best picture I could find from a google search of "taco bear:"
Apparently you can buy them.

The other important food related thing is that I've once again remembered that this:
once existed.  Conveniently, it's apparently easy to make today (sweetened koolaid lemonade + unsweetened koolaid grape), so I know what I'm doing this weekend.  The recipe makes a gallon though, and I don't think I have any container that big.  If I believe that packet weight above, I'm going to need to mix the two packets together and measure out ~0.2 ounces to make a single batch.  I'm pretty sure my kitchen scale isn't that precise.

No comments:

Post a Comment