Saturday, August 20, 2011

Saturday: Random crap salad


  1. Fry bacon, remove, drain grease into waiting tub.
  2. Wash and quickly fry asparagus in remnant grease and remove when bright green.
  3. Remove tails from shrimp, add back some grease, and pan fry, sprinkling a bit of cayenne over them.
  4. Wash lettuce and slice heirloom tomato.
  5. Make fast vinaigrette from olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and a dash or two of old bay.
  6. Toss lettuce and dressing, then arrange toppings around.
  7. Add slice of cheddar before it goes bad and regret not buying a baguette or something bread-y to add a carbo-delicious side.
I don't really have a full week plan set up, but I have another quarter pound of shrimp, so that's going to be the center of tomorrow's dinner. I'm not so sure I want to do this salad thing again. Maybe I can pick up some bread and make a shrimp roll or something instead?  If I get a big enough piece (and some more cheese that I'll then need to quickly eat before it goes bad), I can see if I can do a fondue for monday/tuesday.  I don't have a pot, but I have a bunch of ramekins, so I'm sure I can figure out something.  I also picked up a really nice looking lamb shank today, so sometime this week that will get braised up into deliciousness.  This means I still need to do another trip to the grocery store, and that still only gets me up through wednesday.  

I kind of want tacos, too. :-/

I'm also thinking that I'm going to make breakfast tomorrow when I get up, so that will produce extra pancakes.  I could do a breakfast-for-dinner thing on monday instead, and that will pick up another day without having to do a grocery trip.  I've also been looking at this recipe for the past two days, so that might magically appear later this evening once I'm less full.  I'm a bit concerned that I don't have enough peanut butter, but it should be close.  That will give me a way to get rid of some of the oatmeal I bought last week when I made oatmeal muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment