Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunday: I guess I already did this as a recipe

But I have pictures now.  So, here's Pizza Casserole:
 Ingredients:

  • Pile of mushrooms
  • An onion
  • Can of pizza sauce
  • Cup of macaroni
  • Poundish of ground beef (this time it was the Maui stuff)
  • Pepperoni
  • Mozzarella

 Dice onion and brown with the beef.
 Slice and add in the mushrooms (unless I missed an image and this doesn't have mushrooms in it yet.  Put the shrooms in anyway).
 Add the boiled macaroni to the pan and mix (this clearly has mushrooms already).
 Add pepperoni.
 Add sauce.
 Top with cheese.
 Bake for ~30 minutes at ~350.
 Slice into like 6ths or so, and scoop onto a plate.  It never comes out cleanly, so it's not even worth trying.

This is a simple 1970s style meal, but it's something I remember from my childhood, so it has that going for it.    It's tasty, and I'll be pairing it with salads for the leftovers for the rest of the week (because it's not really easy to claim that it's super healthy, although I did use the whole grain macaroni).


I also got this in the mail from my parents.  When they were visiting, I mentioned that I've been looking for a canning funnel for years.  I'm not planning on using it for canning, but filling freezer bags with tasty leftovers would certainly be easier with this than slopping them all over the bag with my ladle like I do now.  I've had trouble here even finding a kitchen store worker who even knew what I was talking about when I asked for one of these, so I'm not sure where they found it.

I assume the knives were added in, but I can't imagine what this image was originally supposed to indicate.

My Neighbor Finn and Jake (and Beemo).
I had trouble finding links again today.  I had to salvage number three from a decade ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment