Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tuesday: Venus transit!

Unfortunately it was cloudy a lot today, and then the photo I did take through the telescope was horribly out of focus.
See?
Luckily we live in the future now, and so I can watch the whole thing via the internet, even if I was in the best location to see it live.  The benefit of the internet feed is that they have a lot more filters that I wouldn't have.
See?
Another disappointment was that I didn't go eat pancakes like I did for the 2004 transit.  Now I really want pancakes.  If nothing else, I'll have some on Sunday, once I get to Anchorage on the red eye.  Turns out you can red-eye north as well as east.

Random baby deer.
  • It's worth clicking through to Alan Dressler's slides to see what science can be done with these free spy science telescopes.
  • I just got new shoes.  Why didn't they have pikachu style when I needed them?
  • Epic sandwich time sounds good.  I was about to say, "maybe I'll do this this weekend," but I'm travelling then.  Next weekend, then?
  • Those look a touch more rare than I'd like for ground beef, but the idea sounds great.  Pierogis are never the wrong answer.
  • You know what I think when I'm eating the most processed cheese ever? "Gee, this would be better if it looked like a ninja. Or a turtle. Or both."


No comments:

Post a Comment