Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Did I mention?

That I got a slice of chocolate cake to go?
The cake.

I was super full after dinner, but since I didn't get cake yesterday, I've really wanted some cake. Cake cake cake.  When the waitress brought a dessert menu, I knew I'd never be able to fit it in my tummy.  "Can I get a slice of cake to go?"

"Sure!"

(In head monologue, using Mr. Burns voice from Simpsons: "Excellent.")

They individually wrapped the cake, the ice cream, and the chocolate fudge.  I tucked them all into the tiny fridge I have in my hotel room, which was probably a mistake for the fudge, and maybe the cake as well.  The fudge was kind of a brick, so I just scooped out a bit.

The cake wasn't the best ever, but was reasonably done.  There was a hint of coffee, and a very dark chocolate taste.  The ice cream was freshly made, so that's a nice touch (it doesn't hurt that I got like half a pint or so).

Anyway, desserts are always a good idea, especially when made of cake.

Not this Cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment