Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunday: Day after vacation laziness

It turns out that I did pick up some jetlag on this trip, despite having a "non-traditional" sleep schedule while in Texas.  This led to me waking up this morning at 7:30.  I'm not sure if I'm happy about this or not, so I guess I'll have to see what time I wake up tomorrow, when I actually have something to do.

Today's main goals were:

  1. Eat a burrito.
  2. Get some groceries.
  3. Probably eat some dinner or something?
  4. Crap, I need to do laundry, too.
So I've done half of my list at this point, which I'm counting as a win.  First up, burrito:
It turns out I basically got exactly the same as last time.  I did get less salsa, so it wasn't so overwhelmingly hot. They still have queso that separates, but it's tasty, so it's not that big of a deal.

I did get groceries, which ended up being far more expensive than I expected they would be.  I'm still not completely sure why that was, but since I'm leaving again in a week, hopefully I'll eat them all before I leave (and they go bad).  I think the menu plan for this week is going to be:
  • Sunday: I'm still kind of full from the burrito, so I think I'm just going to make a sandwich and then have some ice cream and fruit.
  • Monday: Some sort of mushroom pasta thing.  I bought some portabellos, so the thought is to slice them thinly, add some cream, and put that over linguine.
  • Tuesday: Same thing.
  • Wednesday: I had a really good "BLT"/grilled cheese while in Austin, so I think I'm going to try to recreate it.  The nice thing about this was that it used sundried tomatoes and basil along with the bacon.  BLB?  That sounds like internet slang though.
  • Thursday: Huh.  Looks like I didn't plan far enough out.  Let's say something from the freezer?
  • Friday: I don't leave this day, do I?  Nope. Saturday night.  Ok, so I'll need something here.  Let's leave it as a float day, in case I get lazy earlier in the week.
I wish every week could be vacation week.

No comments:

Post a Comment