Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday: So sleepy

Like this level of sleepy.

I should remember this one for next time I need a Picard facepalm picture.  It works the same.

So I guess we can add fish to the list, then.

Wooper!
I discovered today that my DVR hard drive is again having problems, making me suspect that it really is falling apart, and that it isn't just a temporary bad sector issue.  The good news is that I have nearly everything backed up already, and I have the replacement 2TB disk (which is now installed and receiving the rsyncs).  I've also discovered a script that will re-add the shows that were dropped from the database but I still have on disk.  The bad news is that it looks like I've probably permanently lost the last few days worth of recordings (at least until they show again).  I've also discovered that I don't have enough SATA cables, and amazon doesn't always ship one with OEM drives.  Crap.  That may make things a bit more creative.  I guess the other good thing is that if this is a major disk failure, the fact that it's still under warranty means I just need to RMA it back to Seagate to get a new one.

  • First, these pants look stupid.  Second, you'd look stupid messing with your phone while it's still in your pocket. Third, they're $160.
  • My reading of this story tells me two things.  DC has no clear editorial plan, and they're letting Grant Morrison do anything he wants, at the expense of everyone else.  It's a shame that at this point I kind of want everyone at DC to get fired and have the comics given to someone who's just interested in telling a good story.
  • I'm wondering if I'm old enough now to try to convince people that this is what I had to use to reduce data in "the old days."
  • Now I want a lambburger.
  • Sheriff bunny!
  • It's really gif #3 that makes this funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment