Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thursday: Today's post has a lot of Pokemon

That's mostly because I spent two hours this evening fighting cfitsio and the IRAF conventions on spectra WCS in fits images.  I cannot imagine the decision making process that led to sticking the second dimension information into a very long string, and then breaking that string up into 68 character chunks to fit into a series of header keywords that are of the format "WAT2_%03d" with the integer simply incrementing from 1 to whatever. That maximum value isn't stored anywhere.

And it has a built-in "fuck you" caveat: if a string header value ends in a space, that space is auto-magically truncated by cfitsio.  So, every 6-7 keywords, you lose the only thing delineating one entry in the very long string from another.  Seriously, I can personally come up with three perfectly fine ways to save this exact same information in a sane format.  Plus, we could save floats as fucking floats, without the expense of having to do atof() calls all over the place.

Cute animals to drive the thoughts of maddening fits formats from my mind.


Pokemon GTA. I didn't save the other image, apparently.

  • I saw this, and then knew when I scrolled down to the comments I'd find, "LOL, NOOB! WHAR ALUCARD?"  It's unfortunate that people don't understand the concept that D is Alucard, with an extra ten thousand years of experience.  I thought this was made clear in the original movie, and I think it's even more explicit in the books.

I want this.  This kind of wizardry is essential.
On the topic of instant pizza, watch this video:




  1. That pizza doesn't look that great when it comes out.
  2. Is her outfit supposed to make her look like a pizza chef, or a scientist?
  3. It's fucking pizza. You don't really need to sex it up.  Everyone likes fucking pizza.


  • I always liked Misty's original costume, but this one is certainly more "real-clothes"-like. Also, one of the nice things about the new B&W series is that Team Rocket doesn't have to rely on weak disguises.  I do miss the silliness, however. #neversatisfied #nottwitter


I'm sure this joke has been made infinity times by now.

Watch this video now:



Fucking hilarious.  I like random old-man Brock.

I cannot find the Space Ghost: Coast to Coast clip I was referencing there.  It'll just be an inside joke, I guess. Between me. And me.

  • I'm pretty much baffled by this as well.  As a comparison, I know that I'd go watch a Rip Hunter movie, because I know who he is, and what's likely to happen. Maybe he fights the Linear Men. Maybe he is part of the Linear Men. Maybe Booster Gold shows up. Who knows?  In any case, I'm going to be alone in the theater, because no one else has ever fucking heard of him.  Ditto with the Metal Men.

No comments:

Post a Comment