Saturday, October 1, 2016

Saturday: Burgers and Elder Evil.

I woke up hungry, and then made the mistake of looking through last month's blog posts.  I clicked on this one, and decided it was worth giving the Five Guys in Mililani another try.  It was far less busy this time, with no crazy line out the door.
Five guys.
They were also setting up to do some sort of photo shoot.  For the food, I guess?  It didn't make much sense, and they didn't seem to have a plan.  The manager had to get a menu for them, which means either the manager didn't plan what to shoot, or that the photographers didn't do much research.
They didn't mess up my order this time, which improves their score a lot.


I don't know.  It tasted fine, but seemed to have something missing still.  The burgers aren't quite as juicy as the ones in Alameda.  Maybe the true burgers are the friends we made along the way.

And this arrived in the mail, and is possibly the greatest thing ever.  Julie has condensed my true essence into one piece.  Thanks, Julie!

I'm also not sure if it's appropriate to take to my office to put with my other squirrel stuff.

Now to start this month's tldr Lovecraft/Drawlloween with the obvious choice:
  • Title:  The Call of Cthulhu
  • Date:  1926
  • Summary:  Cthulhu half wakes up and kills like six dudes, but it's ok, because he has legions of cultists to kill everyone else who talks about it.  Honestly, the concept of a global network of conspiracy in the 1920s is the thing that's least believable to me.
  • Real Villain:  Cthulhu. Duh.
  • Last line in italics?  No.
  • Writer writes instead of fleeing?  No.
  • Rating:  7/10.  I'm not a big fan of the "staple a bunch of accounts together and call it a story" style of stories.  It's why I've never been able to get through Dracula, either.
  • Read it:  Here.
Cthulhu.  Duh.

This post has a lot of appropriate labels.

No comments:

Post a Comment