Thursday, October 27, 2016

Thursday: Exactly how I wanted to spend five hours.

It turns out when I made an appointment earlier this week to get my car oiled and safety-inspected, I didn't notice that instead of having a normal calendar showing a month, they only had a week, and that week wasn't this week, but the week of November 7th.

Really?  Nothing earlier than that?

In any case, since I didn't notice this fact, I was perfectly on time for my appointment that wasn't today.  "So you can't do it today?"

"Oh, we can probably fit you in.  Just have a seat, and we'll sort it out."

An hour later.  "Yeah, it'll probably be about an hour and a half, you're next up."

Three hours later, I got the "we're just wrapping it up" alert.

An hour after that, I finally had my car, because they were seriously concerned about the 0.12 degree misalignment of one of my wheels.  I really hope I misread that, because I'm pretty sure 0.12 degrees is not something worth wasting an hour of my time fixing.

And I don't know about this new update.  I simply can't hit Golbats with my Pokeballs.  I can find no angle or speed to put it in the right location.
Nearing the end of TldrL:

  • Title:  The Dreams in the Witch House
  • Date:  1932
  • Summary:  Walter Gilman is a student, and is staying in the Witch House because it's cheap, likely because it's called "The Witch House."  A Witch used to live there, and she could travel magically from place to place.  Gilman starts doing that in his dreams, because he's studied non-Euclidean geometry and other super complicated math.  Except he's not really dreaming, the Witch is helping him math-teleport around.  Eventually he gets so good at math-teleporting that he has to sign an oath in blood to Nyarlathotep, so he basically is just doing grad school.  However, he is able to ruin a baby sacrifice, because he's bad at grad school, and double-kills the Witch.  However, he dies horribly when the Witch's mutant rat-person-thing tunnels through his chest devouring his heart.  Ouch.
  • Real Villain:  Math.
  • Last line in italics?  No.
  • Writer writes instead of fleeing?  No.
  • Rating:  5/10.
  • Read it:  Here.
Mathmathmathmathmathmathmath.



No comments:

Post a Comment