Monday, October 17, 2016

Monday: So it turns out I turned off all my alarms over the weekend, and I forgot to turn them back on for today.

Great.  Wonderful.  Way-to-go.

I saw these at the store over the weekend, and wondered what they were like, but didn't want to buy a big bag in case they were bad.  So I got a small bag.  They're not bad.

  • Title:  The Dunwich Horror
  • Date:  1928
  • Summary:  Wilbur Whateley dies when a guard dog kills him when he breaks into the library to steal the Necronomicon.  Except it's pretty bad, because he's half monster, because his mom had a evil wizard for a father, and that's pretty horrible to start with.  Except that's not the "Horror" from the title, which is when the "kind of more monster than Wilbur" brother rampages around Dunwich because it isn't being fed once Wilbur dies.  Brave university professors stop the monster with magic, despite none of them being professors of magic.
  • Real Villain:  Intentionally having elder gods as ancestors.
  • Last line in italics?  Yes.
  • Writer writes instead of fleeing?  No.
  • Rating:  7/10.
  • Read it:  Here.
I just remembered I have to take a shot tonight.  :(



No comments:

Post a Comment