Sunday, October 9, 2016

Sunday: I'm sure I won't have to do another post in two hours to include more links.

That never happens.

Google wanted me to get ramen again today, because google doesn't understand that people shouldn't eat the same food all the time.

So I got sushi instead.
This is not the ahi wonton I should have taken.  The one that came around ten seconds later had less white onion and more green onion, which would have been better.

Tldr Lovecraft:
  • Title:  The Rats in the Walls
  • Date:  1923
  • Summary:  Guy moves back to his ancestral English home after his son dies.  His family was evil in the past, but that's No Problem.  He keeps hearing rats, and organizes an expedition with six others to explore the basement to find their nests.  They instead find an ancient set of ruins where his evil cult family killed people.  Also ate them.  Like he does to his friend when he goes crazy.  Whoops.  Also his cat is gratuitously racist, and he talks about Piltdown man, which hadn't been debunked when the story was written. 
  • Real Villain:  Accidentally eating your friend.
  • Last line in italics?  No.
  • Writer writes instead of fleeing?  No.
  • Rating:  6/10.
  • Read it:  Here.
Then the debate happened, and it shows me why I like Twitter so much, and that's because I can watch something happen and have a real time stream of thoughts and conversations with my favorite ~300 people.



No comments:

Post a Comment