Saturday, October 22, 2016

Saturday: Things I did today.

I've had the release date for Miss Hokusai on my calendar for awhile now, so I went to see it.
See?
It's a good movie.  It's a series of short stories that take place over a year, as O-Ei lives with her father, Hokusai.  The general theme is that Hokusai is a bad father, but that they're both wonderful artists.

I mean.
And from her wiki page, it appears that a lot of her work is at the Ota Ukiyo-e museum I went to nearly three years ago.

After the movie, I had to get laundry soap.  I'd decided to go to Target, but since I had an album I bought last week that I hadn't listened to, went to the one in Kailua so I could drive.  And have a burrito.

Despite the stickers, this was not a good burrito.  The chicken was cold?  WTF?
Then I came home, and due to a mistake pushing remote buttons, started watching Lady Snowblood.  This is also a good movie, and everything I found on searching for it was "inspired Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill."  I don't like QT's movies, because they always feel like he's copying someone.  Yeah.  Now the sequel is on, and I kind of want to watch it as well.

Tldr Lovecraft:

  • Title:  In the Walls of Eryx
  • Date:  1936
  • Summary:  Guy who works on Venus collecting crystals while casually suggesting genocide against all the native reptile people who worship the crystals on Venus gets stuck in a transparent maze, just like somebody else from his company did, and they both could have escaped if they just turned around.  We learn this when an expedition goes out to find him, and does so just too late for him to be alive.  They also suggest that yes, genocide against the native reptile people is totally the right solution.
  • Real Villain:  Glass.
  • Last line in italics?  No.
  • Writer writes instead of fleeing?  Yes.  Ha.
  • Rating:  4/10.
  • Read it:  Here.
Snowbloodsnowbloodsnowblood.




No comments:

Post a Comment