Sunday, October 16, 2016

Sunday: Sure I was over there yesterday, but why not drive out to Hawaii Kai again.

So after all that morning IM fun, I did get up and get ready for the day.  Eventually.  It wasn't promptly after that, but that's ok.  I did have to come up with a restaurant recommendation for Chinese in Chinatown for Dan.  The problem of course, is that Chinatown isn't always easy for parking, so I tend not to go there.  I'm also not regularly up for Chinese, although I do like dim sum.  This was my suggestion, based on going there once.  The yelp scores look bimodal at a quick scan, but looking at the time progression, it shows a general improvement.

And then, as mentioned, drove out to Hawaii Kai for lunch.

I got the same thing I always do at the Greek place.  And I'm positive that hat was centered correctly in the preview.

I didn't feel like making a full harbor mosaic today.
I also noticed that the sign lies.
Zooming in, you can see it suggesting that Walgreen's and the Theater are towards the background.  That's wrong, and would send people into the marina instead of to the actual locations.

And it started raining while I was there.
 There is a gym there.  However, this happened to me:
Yay!  The fun thing where you can't join the gym battle for some reason!
I was eventually able to get in after flipping airplane mode on and off, but I lost both of my battles, as in the mean time, Team Valor took the gym over, and dumped a 2100 CP Gyrados into the bottom location.  Gym battles are easier when you have people working together.  Plus, as you can see, my phone battery was about to die, limiting what I could do.
So I got some ice cream instead.  Chocolate orange flavor.
TldrL:

  • Title:  Facts Concerning the Late Arthur Jermyn and His Family
  • Date:  1920
  • Summary:  Sir Arthur Jermyn is dead, because he lit himself on fire.  No one really liked the family, even though they had a title.  Boring genealogy occurs, telling us all about the last five generations of Jermyn's family, and their trips to Africa.  Jermyn attempts to find a mummified "white ape goddess" from a shrine, and has it shipped to him.  Then he kills himself, because guess what?
  • Real Villain:  Accidentally having gorillas as ancestors.
  • Last line in italics?  No.
  • Writer writes instead of fleeing?  No.
  • Rating:  3/10.
  • Read it:  Here.
Lovecraft really had problems with this.



No comments:

Post a Comment