Thursday, October 22, 2015

Thursday: I accomplished things at work, even though I spent far too much time wondering what the point of the horribly obfuscated code was.

I have a running theory that people who are actual computer programmers make their code intentionally impossible to maintain, because they see this as a way towards job security.  Most of the scientist-programmers make things work in a generally simple way that doesn't use a million redirections or API layers.  There are exceptions to both sets, but this seems to generally hold true.

Remember last week when I mentioned the farmer's market by work has a pop-up Indian place?  I finally tried it today:
Chicken saag and chana masala with rice.
Yeah.  Turns out I probably won't be going back.  They claimed to have a chicken curry, but that was a lie, so I ended up with the chana.  I'm not a big fan of that.  Also: no naan.  Kind of bland as well, which is kind of not what Indian is known for.  I guess I will just wish that instead of Subway, we had a Masala Wok.

Then I saw one of the stray kitties while leaving work.
Since lunch was disappointing, and I was super hungry by the end of the day, I decided to get pancakes for dinner.

Chocolate chip pancakes.

Also a pork chop.

Today's Drawlloween theme is candy.
Which is convenient, since getting pancakes for dinner means going to Nijiya Market to pick up Japanese snack foods.

Did you know that they make individually wrapped Takenoko no Seto and Kinoko no Yama?  Neither did I.  This is apparently for trick or treaters.  Or me.  For me.  Also, I'm glad that TのS and KのY can get along enough to have a shared package.

Remember these candies that I didn't take any pictures of from that sushi restaurant in Alameda?  Yeah, so now I have a bag to put into my candy dish at the office.




No comments:

Post a Comment