Thursday, July 5, 2018

Thursday: First day of work.

Or, at least, the first day here.

Alternate title: "Wow, each of those geese has its own landscaping square to rest in.  OMG I'm an idiot, those are sandbags, not geese.  Ugh."

But yeah, back to work.  Today was partially spent doing bureaucratic stuff (employment paperwork, ID paperwork, parking paperwork, etc), and finding my way around the department.  I have an office:

Which I get a budget to decorate, as my office doesn't have a window.
 I don't yet have a computer, but that's my own fault for not organizing that before arriving.  It got sidetracked due to all the moving stuff.  Of course, that isn't sorted out yet, although I have three visits planned for this weekend, one of which I really like.

They have cider here.  In just regular stores.  Cider that would be perfect for chugging.
Of course, it's hot and humid right now, but I'm sure it'll be proper cider season soon.  That will also make walking from the parking lot to the office better.  It is probably a good thing to have that walk, though, as that's 20-30 minutes of walking everyday.  A quick plot suggests that the distance is comparable to walking to the old building in grad school.

Also this is a good place for Pokemon Go.  Getting a new Go+ was a good idea.

And using picture-in-picture to play while tracking map directions while listening to music on my bluetooth headphones is exactly why I like having a personal tiny computer in my pocket.

I'm pretty sure Steven and the Crystal Gems fought this thing.
I also completed the sexual harassment training today.  Maybe it's all the tumblr, but the fact that everyone has to be told this stuff is super sad.  This should be obvious to everyone.

  • This is dumb, because Lockjaw is great.
  • This is dumb, because it's dumb to spoil plot points like this.  I wasn't totally on-board the Selina/Bruce romance, but this seems like a super bad way to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment