Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Wednesday: That's probably a good sign you need to stay home from work.

Step one is when you wake up every two hours because the ear facing down is now clogged with the beginnings of an earache growing in it.  Step two is when you wake up to discover that your throat hurts and you can't form any actual word sounds.  Step three is the clincher, when you move slightly and that sets off a cascade of coughing and choking to drain what seems like a liter of gross goo from your lungs.  The good news is that I have a doctor appointment already scheduled for tomorrow, so maybe they have new drugs that make lungs not suck.

I did have the issue of figuring out what to have to eat, since I didn't pre-plan getting sick.  What sounded good was met with, "it's not particularly healthy."  Whatever.  I'm already sick.  I need some soup, and I need something tasty.
Soup and something tasty.
La Tour Cafe has very good French onion soup.  They're M&C is tasty, but a bit too goopy as it cools.  Together, this made a satisfactory lunch so I could return home and not move so my lungs didn't explode again.  I also bought a banh mi for dinner:

Like this.
That I ended up eating only half of.  I think this means that I know what I'm taking for lunch tomorrow if I wake up not dying.

Today's also Squirrel Appreciation Day, which is difficult to do when you live in the middle of the ocean with no squirrels.  Luckily, Julie celebrated it today, so I'm stealing her picture:


No comments:

Post a Comment