Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sunday: That didn't work as planned.

I've been meaning to get a squishy mattress topper for a few months.  I saw last night that Macy's was having a sale this weekend, so I decided to see what they had today.  At this point, you've seen that there's a map below, so you can tell it didn't go as planned.

I found one that seemed sufficiently squishy, and with the sale, it was 60% off.  Since mattress toppers are priced like they're made of diamonds, this was a good deal.  The only problem was that they only had it in king and California king sizes.

Does anyone actually own a California king bed?  Based on the counts of bedding I've seen for that size, either no one owns one, and that bedding just sits around until it spontaneously combusts, or everyone else in existence has one, and that's why I can never find anything for my bed.

In any case, I started looking on my phone to see if it was available at another Macy's.  One of the salespeople saw me doing this, and asked if I needed help.  She printed out a list of stores that had it, and pointed out helpfully that the one in Kahului had six of them.

Note to that salesperson and people who don't know Hawaii geography: Kahului is on a different island.

In any case, Pearlridge was listed as having five.  They had zero.  I then drove to Windward mall, which should have had two.  They also had zero.

This was the point where I gave up, and let Jaclyn order it through their system to be mailed to me.  No squishy topped bed for me tonight.

Ala Moana was listed as not having any, but I probably should have checked there, since the Macy's inventory system is apparently well stocked with lies.
They also sold owl pillows at Pearlridge.




No comments:

Post a Comment