Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Wednesday: Pastrami and Prairie Dogs

Pastrami.

While trying to figure out what to have for lunch yesterday, the subject of pastrami came up.  Pastrami is, of course, the greatest of all meats.  However, not all pastrami is equal, and getting bad pastrami can be a serious disappointment.  The sandwich place by work has reubens as one of their main sandwich options, which is where delicious pastrami is ruined with sauerkraut.

I decided to try their deli pastrami sandwich, done up to be as similar to the SFO sandwiches I've been getting.

Pastrami and swiss with mustard on rye.
I really like that they use marble rye.  It makes this closer to the best sandwich ever, which I don't have a picture of.  No, even after looking through old cell phone pictures for twenty minutes, I still don't have a picture of that sandwich.
It was a tasty sandwich.  This one.  Also that sandwich, but this is the one I have a picture of and ate today.

They cut their own meat, so some of it was super thick.  Since it was warm, it was still perfectly tender.
I suspect that this is now going to push "chicken philly" out of my top choice, as that replaced "Cuban".  

Prairie Dogs.

Way too early this morning, Julie send this link to a snacky prairie dog.  "I have pictures of prairie dogs!" I thought to myself before going back to sleep.  After an hour looking at old pictures, it turns out I have fewer than I thought.  I do have pictures from more than a decade ago, which is weird.
Those are cows.

That was once an allosaurus, which is totally not a prairie dog.

These are prairie dogs.

That's a stegasaurus.

Prairie dog village!

Prairie dog party!

Prairie dog house!

Prairie dogs!

No.  Buffalo.

Bears are far bigger than prairie dogs.

Pterosaurs aren't even dinosaurs.  I think this is an Ornithocheirus?
I think the end result of this is that I should put together a "zoo" post with all the different animals I have pictures of.

Links.



No comments:

Post a Comment