Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wednesday: yadsendeW

I was going to title this post "you're a fucking liar, and you know it," but that would break the pattern for the week.

There's a show on NPR called CounterSpin that airs every Wednesday.  It's generally on as I'm driving home from work, as is generally interesting to listen to.  It's clearly left-leaning, and although they're a bit crazy about some points that I don't totally agree with, they largely point out crappy media coverage of important news stories.  At the beginning of the show, they usually do quick news briefs, alternating between the hosts.  It always ends with Janine saying, "Thanks, Peter. You're listening to CounterSpin."

No.  You're a fucking liar, Janine, and you know it.

Do you want to know how I know?  Because you, Janine, just read the last blurb.  Peter didn't have a damn thing to do with it.

Seriously, that bothers me every damn week.

"Yeah, I think you're right.  Those campers won't be thinking to look in a tree for bears.  Then, BOOM! Bear attack. From the sky."

No comments:

Post a Comment