Monday, May 20, 2013

Monday: Further adventures in fuck fuck fuckity fuck


  1. Everyone in existence decided to get gas after work today.  It's like someone had claimed a tsunami was coming again.  My car was just regular out-of-gas.  The guy in front of me decided he needed to put fancy gas into his crappy jeep.  Given that I paid $4.259/gallon for the regular stuff, that seems somewhat wasteful.
  2. Bought two new nice 2TB hard drives, and then went elsewhere to buy an external HD enclosure.  
    1. Since when do hard drives not contain any cables?  I now need to go out and buy SATA cables tomorrow to make this thing work again.
    2. Hard drive A (the one that died a year-ish ago) is elaborately wedged in place, and will require a lot of disassembly to extract from the case.
    3. Hard drive B (the one that died yesterday) slid out nicely, slid into the enclosure without too much trouble, but refuses to respond.  Based on the sounds, it seems this is the click-of-death problem, which is effectively an irreparable hardware issue.  That of course means that all those shows I hadn't watched on the DVR are gone. As is the other miscellaneous data on that drive that I hadn't gotten backed up.
  3. All the grapes at the store were either brown and mushed to fuck and back, or were moldy.  Proper moldy.  WTF?
  4. Some crazy old man riding his bike decided that he needed to stop in the middle of my apartment building's driveway.  Not to one side, not on the large loading dock apron area, not in the grass or on the sidewalk.  Right on top of the yellow line that denotes the lanes.  He then stared at me as I slowly eased my car around him, trying not to hit him, the building, or anything else.  Reasons this crazy old man was crazy:
    1. black socks pulled up to his knees with shorts.
    2. and sandals.
    3. and a giant (18+ inches) floppy pseudo-fedora hat.
    4. his blinking lights on his bike that were still going despite him being stopped.
    5. and it still being light out.
  5. I'm simultaneously hungry, and not hungry for any food I can think of.  I think I have cookies, so that might be my best option.
You have got to be fucking shitting me.  Really?  A fictional character makes actual history more real to you.  I'm...I'm just going to go lie in bed for awhile, and hope for the entire universe to go away in a false vacuum collapse.  

I didn't post this one already, right?  If I did, I'm sure this is a new caption.  "Whoa...those bricks look a bit slippery.  I'm just going to walk slowly with you under this umbrella until we get home, ok?"
  • Really, Waco?  Just...wow.  Because the bible says the moon shines it's own light, it must do so.  Even when it's a new moon, and not actually bright?  I vow, that if I ever become president, I will force through legislation allowing Bill Nye to just straight up shoot people who are that dumb.  Not kill them.  Just like in the knee or something.
  • I had a gif of this bear eating the camera, but it's pixelated, and a bit gross, so here's the youtube video so you can watch gross bear mouth in high quality.
  • I'm torn between this being an interesting idea, and it being incredibly depressing.
  • Bianca, with important facts for kids.
  • So you defund higher education at the state level, and then veto their ability to raise tuition to cover expenses.
  • That sucks.
  • Is the logic here that the government should have a tax repatriation holiday because otherwise corporations are just going to pretend they didn't earn that money and effectively evade?  As above, but Bill Nye is also able to nationalize companies for any reason he sees fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment