Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Ok, WTF?

I bought some pineapple juice last week.  It's been sitting there unopened, because I also bought a thing of lemonade, and that sounded tastier at the time.

I admit that I might have been thirsty while buying groceries last week.

In any case, it's this juice:
This is really happy to point out that it's organic.
I just had a drink of it, and it's super thick.  Almost like a smoothie.  I look at the ingredients:

  • FILTERED WATER (SUFFICIENT TO RECONSTITUTE)
    • ok
  • ORGANIC PINEAPPLE JUICE CONCENTRATE
    • yep
  • NATURAL GUMS (GUAR, XANTHAN AND SODIUM ALGINATE GUMS)
    • WTF?
My immediate thought: what's in Dole pineapple juice?  My first search stumped me, as Dole apparently assumes you understand that their juice contains juice.  However, Dole licences their name for juices to the PepsiCo conglomerate, which is more than happy to tell you what it contains: 
  • FILTERED WATER
    • ok
  • PINEAPPLE JUICE CONCENTRATE
    • wasn't expecting generic juice to be organic
  • ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C)
    • because Dole hates scurvy.
      • also: pirates.
WTF is wrong with the world of juice, if the soulless multinational...

What?

Really?

Oh

Nevermind, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment