Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sunday: Sun day

Other than me messing with panorama projections, what's odd with this photo?
Trans-Mercator.  For when regular Mercator doesn't quite look right.  This one bends buildings, but seems to preserve a flat horizon pretty well.
Luckily, last night I put the TV on local news as a "figure out what to do for dinner, and until you do: local news" strategy.  That led me to hearing that today is Honolulu's "Lahaina Noon" day.

What's that?

Basically, since Hawaii is in the tropics, there are two days each year where the sun is directly overhead.  Like it is on the equator on equinoxes, or on the tropics on solstices. I'll have to catch the second one on July 15th, if I can.

In any case, here are random close-ups of things without shadows.
That's the power line.

I should have taken a picture of the top, so you can see all the stuff there.  You can see it in the panorama on top, though.

Sign.

Vent pipes.

More different vent pipes.

This sign has a shadow.  If you look closely, though, you can see that it's because this sign is crooked.

Parasailer.

Plane.

I liked this one.

My hands, holding the camera taking this picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment