Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thursday: BBQ!

Other stuff happened, including what could plausibly count as "work."  Actually, a lot of this vacation could plausibly count as work.  I mean, I did get a poster 99% finished this week.  Besides, the telescope back home has been having repairs done, so it's not like I missed out on that much there.  That makes me wonder, exactly how long do we have to wait until every job is done remotely via telepresence?

Anyway, BBQ:
My photo using my phone.

Reverse angle by Julie, who insisted that her camera takes better photos, since it's "real" and "a gajillion dollars."
Rudy's has pretty good BBQ, and sells by weight using scales, which I really like.  In my photo, from the left, I have a half link of sausage, a third pound of moist brisket (the fattier, juicier, tastier cut), and a third pound of St. Louis style ribs.  Add some sauce and the requisite white bread, and I enjoyed the tasty meal.

And I don't think it really matters that my phone doesn't take magazine quality photos.  I also don't have to worry about carrying a camera or getting it dirty or anything like that.
"Who lumping cares if the photos are perfect, if you can see  what the food looks like? Oh. My. Glob."
Damn straight, Lumpy Space Princess.

Here's a picture of a monkey feeding a tiger:
Fine, chimps are technically apes, and therefore not monkeys.  Monkey is a funnier word.



No comments:

Post a Comment