Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday: lazy day with menu planning

Since I bought that pizza yesterday, I now have leftover pizza that really should be eaten before I make anything new.  Because of that, I think this week's plan is going to be:
  • Sunday: Leftover pizza. Feeling lazy today has no bearing on this decision.
  • Monday: I'll probably still have leftover pizza, but I think instead I'm going to make this bacon jam, largely because Julie keeps taunting me with the one she made.  I bought both regular and black forest bacon, so I'm thinking of making two separate jams, one from each, with balsamic vinegar in the regular one, and apple cider in the black forest.  I'm also thinking of adding maple syrup to the BF one instead of brown sugar, and cutting down the sugar in the regular one (on Julie's recommendation). My pairings on this will be crusty bread, some nice gruyere, and spinach (since spinach goes well with bacon).  I also bought some apples, so I might add some slices of that as well.
  • Tuesday: more bacon jam?  Maybe I can take the leftover pizza as a lunch?  That works, right?
  • Wednesday: I can't imagine I won't have jam leftover still.  Let's claim that's the plan here too.
  • Thursday: I got a craving last week for smoked sausage, and was lucky enough to find that they were buy one-get one at the store.  Probably will pair it with mac&cheese, and go with the full comfort food experience.
  • Friday: Leftover sausage and mac.
  • Saturday: I should still have leftovers here, too.  Maybe I'll do a sausage sandwich one of these days?
So that's the plan, and since it involves pizza, bacon, and sausage, I shouldn't have any trouble sticking to it.


Lazy bear.


  • I didn't see the Avengers movie this weekend, largely to avoid crowds.  I think I'm going to try to catch it next weekend as a matinee.  Since I've already had parts of the secret credit stuff spoiled, and I know my comic mythology sufficiently, I'm not that concerned about spoilers this week.  On a related note, I would have seen a Dexter's Lab version of the Avengers at the opening day midnight showing.
  • Cookie!
  • I really like the text on this 83 year old ad.  I can't imagine someone sitting down and working through the arguments and deciding that yes, it is a better idea to buy canned spaghetti than making it at home, but I like that they tried.  Also, "the trouble of preparing spaghetti at home"? How much harder were things in the 20s?


No comments:

Post a Comment