Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thursday: New Phone Day!

Randomly, today turned out to be new phone day.  I went with the "incremental" upgrade from the Droid 2 to the Droid 4.  I like my slidey keyboards.  I'll do a more detailed review tomorrow, but the things I've noticed so far:

  • Crazy fast. It's obviously faster than the old one.
  • 4G drops a lot here. Maybe it's mountains, maybe it's Verizon being Verizon. It's inconvenient.
  • Connectbot doesn't understand my keyboard correctly, so I don't have as nice of an ssh experience as I would like.  I plan on playing with this this weekend.
  • Way better keyboard. The old one was squishy, and sometimes letters would double or be completely ignored.  This one is clicky (not IBM clicky, but still), and has an extra line of keys (so I need to remember not to alt-q to put a 1 in).
  • Pictures look nice:

Dinner today was Mahi-Mahi sandwich.  Quick pan fry, pile of veggies, dash of sriracha, indecision about cheese, and an opportunity to do camera comparisons between phones:

Droid 2
Droid 4
I don't think that all of that is due to me having shaky hands.  The new camera is a nice improvement over the old one, which in turn was a great improvement over the shitty BB camera.

Back to the sandwich: really messy with fishy oil drips, the tomatoes I sliced for it were bitter and crappy tasting, and my avocado was insistent that if I was going to eat it, it wouldn't be as part of a sandwich.  I'm hestiant to say that it was bad, but I'm probably never going to try a fish sandwich ever again. Forever.

There are some days where I wonder if I've actually just died in my sleep, because things don't really make sense.  I present two of these things first:
Ok, regular links now:

No comments:

Post a Comment