Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thursday: Why do they make things so difficult?

I had to go take car of car crap today.  I hate dealing with things like this, because I have very little faith that anyone involved in the transaction is not either a fucking moron, or a fucking sociopath.  Anyway, mostly taken care of, except for the fact that my insurance card wasn't valid. Because it's the new one that apparently doesn't take effect until the end of the month.  And that's not acceptable.

You tell them, Picard.

Then I did statistics, and realized that I really need to write/steal a decent Voronoi tessellation calculator.  Since the tessellation area is inversely proportional to the density, you can estimate a local density for a sparse field using one.  Also segmentation blah blah blah.  My day finally wrapped up with algorithms.  Woo.  Algorithm 1 is fast and far better than I expected. Algorithm 2 is slow as shit, and does a crappier job than A1, except in the few select cases where A2 works better (since it was designed to do those regions somewhat better).  Yay math!

I hate you. But I love treats!
 I've seen these before, but these two are aligned far better than the other ones.  It really annoys me when people try to put together then-and-now pictures, but don't bother matching angles or perspective.



No comments:

Post a Comment