Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tuesday: Boringness!

After the fun and crayon-inspired adventure of yesterday, today will be less exciting.  To signify a less exciting evening, I watched the new Sherlock show that they have on PBS now, after PBS raiders successfully defeated the Queen's Armada and made off with the televisions of the BBC.

Or something like that, I'm unclear on the details, but lots of people seem to love this new show because it's by the guy who did the Doctor Who reboot, and the Sherlock Holmes character totally looks like Morpheus from Sandman.

I know it's not just me.
My quick review is that it's not that bad, but it's kind of meh in the story department.  It also doesn't quite have the right feeling for Holmes.  Sure, he's a bit of a jerk, but he's not quite the psychopath this guy is.  It's also a bit more sci-fi than I would really like.  A good mystery doesn't really need to have deux-ex-machina science thrown at it to work.  We'll see if the next episode is any good, but the preview (Moriarty is back! Plus: he's super evil! Probably crazy, too!) isn't filling me with that much excitement.

Crap, I forgot about dinner. I moved up the ravioli to today, because I opened the can of sauce last night to test it, and it was really tasty.  It's jar sauce, so that limits it, but this is the organic Newman's Own basil and...garlic (? sure, that sounds right).  It's probably the best sauce-from-the-store I've had.  Ok, let's get back to links.

No comments:

Post a Comment